Vision: To be the most recognized English program in the region by inculcating and enhancing need-based skills that ensure the holistic development of the learners of 21st century and thus to contribute towards the creation of knowledge-based society.
Mission: We produce English graduates who are ethically responsible and able to respond creatively in the field of English language, Literature, Applied Linguistics and ELT by fostering lifelong learning, critical thinking, communication skills, interpretative and analytical skills that are highly valued in local, regional and global job markets so that the learners can face the rapidly changing diversities of the 21st century.
- To produce quality English graduates with a specialization in Linguistics and Literature.
- To teach communication skills listening, speaking, reading and writing and Grammar.
- To broaden socio-humanistic perspective
- To instill research skills to build the capacity to research and create knowledge in different files of English studies.
- To promote professionalism by building analytical, critical thinking, interpretative and leadership skills.
- To provide a solid foundation for advanced study in the fields of English Literature and Applied Linguistics and ELT.
Where We Are Different
IUBAT focuses on the teaching interests in the stream of English Language, Applied Linguistics and English Literature, where students will have a combined learning philosophy to go ahead in their career line up including teaching position at schools and colleges, government services, banks, insurances and various NGOs.
What We Offer
Along with the core services, we provide a solid platform for the students to nurture their English skills and co-curricular activities. The practice of English skills and co-curricular activities are offered through English Learning Center (ELC) and IUBAT English Society (IES).
The Department has been kicking off collaborative works with Osmania University, India, & West Illinois University, USA, Queensland University, Australia, Simon Fraser University, Canada and Louisiana State University, USA. Objective of collaboration is to exchange of developing insightful thoughts, ensuring bilateral educative programs & understanding mixed cultural values.
Why English at IUBAT?
- Permanent river-view campus of 6 acre with green and scenic beauty
- A large number of scholarships
- Rich English Learning Center
- Access to enormous digital and online resources
- Realization of career dreams of each student
- Experienced faculty members from home and abroad
- High profile Advisors from USA, India, and Bangladesh
- Globally recognized with 101 institutional links
- Well equipped classroom
- Free Transport
- Health Insurance
- Teaching Assistantship for students
- Professional counseling and guidance
- Campus supervision by proctorial team, CCTV
Strengths of the Department
- Rich curriculum approved by UGC
- Highly qualified teachers
- Outcome Based Education
- Learner centered classroom
- Strict class monitoring
- Structured classroom observation and assessment
- Well designed assessment rubric
- Training and development program for the faculty and staff
- Knowledge sharing among the faculties and learners
- Seminars and symposiums on regular basis
- Research workshops
- Research Publications
- Creative writing for Students
- One to one consultation for students
- English as the only medium instruction and method of communication
- Emphasis on Professional Attire
- Use of advanced teaching methods utilizing multi-media facilities
- Use of moodle learning platform
- Cultural Exchanges
English Learning Centre
Communication ability is considered one of the most effective skills the employers look for among the 21st century graduates. As a human resource, the graduates can optimize the use of their skills and expertise only when they can make fruitful interaction. English is undoubtedly the most useful language of communication across the globe. To facilitate and enhance the English language competence and performance, IUBAT offers four English courses that cover both the productive and receptive skills: Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading.
The center is well equipped with modern technologies that are often used to facilitate better learning. There are computers along with sound device, digital learning materials, and online connectivity for each student in order to enhance language learning process. The class size is small, so the course instructors can effectively involve the learners in interactive learning activities. The materials used here have been developed by the faculties of Department of Languages. The core objective of this learning center is to provide students the opportunities to convert their communicative competence into communicative performance. The testing and assessment type make the students familiar with the testing standards of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).