Sheikh Saifullah Ahmed
MA (KU), BA (KU)
Room # Ext #
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheikh Saifullah Ahmed is alecturer in the Department of English and Modern Languages under the College of Arts and Sciences (CAAS) atInternational University of Business Agriculture and Technology (IUBAT), Dhaka, Bangladesh since March 2020. He was born and brought up inKhulna, Bangladesh.Mr.Ahmed obtained his BA (Honours) in Englishdegree in 2018 andMA in Englishdegree in 2019 from English Discipline, Khulna University.
He is a life member(2797)of Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association (BELTA) andtook part in a range ofnational and internationalseminars, conferences, workshops and webinars.His scholarly articles gotpublished in a number of quality journals indexed in numerous academic and research sites and wings of the world.
He regularly writes in The Daily Observer, The Independent and Sahos24.com.
His areas of interest includeLiterary Discourse Analysis, Literary Theories, Shakespeare, Postcolonial Studies,Feminist Studies, Translation Studies, Cultural Studies, British and American Literature,South Asian Literature and Postmodern Literature.
His latest research endeavors include Post-truth, Hybridity, Critical Trauma Analysis, Femme Fatales.
- Rashed, A., Ahmed, S. S., & Halder, D. P. (2021). Defining socio characterization of language: what language really is!.International Journal of Leading Research Publication, 1(7), 1-4.
- Ahmed, S. S., & Halder, D. P. (2020). The sociolinguistic perspectives of thestylistic liberation of Wordsworth. Sparkling International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Studies, 3(3), 1-13.
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020). The exploration of ambivalence and hybridity in The Tempest. International Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 5(1), 44-60.
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020). ‘Othering each other’ in Shakespeare’s The Tempest. International Journal of English Literature and Social Sciences, 5(3), 643-648.
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020,December 12). Women emancipation: Begum Rokeya’s revolutionary influence. The Independent. Retrieved fromhttp://www.theindependentbd.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020, October 22). Marching the nation forward: The role of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar and Begum Rokeya Sakhawat Hussain to the Bengal Renaissance. Sahos24.com.Retrieved fromhttps://www.sahos24.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020, September 28). When to stop rape epidemic? The Daily Observer.Retrieved fromhttps://www.observerbd.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020,September 11). When will rape epidemic be stopped? The Independent. Retrieved fromhttp://www.theindependentbd.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020, September 6). The Rakhine’s right to education in their mother tongue. Sahos24.com.Retrieved fromhttps://www.sahos24.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020, August 27). Reading back to Tennyson in these quarantined days. Sahos24.com. Retrieved from https://www.sahos24.com/
- Ahmed, S. S. (2020, June 30). A vision of post-pandemic era. The Daily Observer.Retrieved fromhttps://www.observerbd.com/
- TEDx Khulna University 2018 - Paradigm Shift, Aug. 4, 2018
- Workshop on “Recapturing Partition-Locating Post-Partition Amnesia in Memory & Literature: An Indo-Bangladesh Perspective” at Khulna University, Mar. 15-16, 2018
- International Conference on “Shakespearean Legacy” at Khulna University, Feb. 3-4, 2018
- International Conference on “Ibsen and Freedom of Speech” Organized by English Discipline, Khulna University in Partnership with University ofOslo, Norway,presided by Ms. Sidsel Blekken, Her Excellency the Norwegian Ambassador to Bangladesh, Mar. 10-12, 2017
- International Conference on “A Thrice-Partitioned Nation: Revisiting Bangladesh” at Khulna University, Mar. 28-29, 2015
- “BIIT-IIIT Online Teaching Training Series-03-Textbook Writing Workshop”, Nov. 21, 2020
- “Multimodal Pedagogies in the L2 Classroom: Moving from Language to a Communication Paradigm” arranged by Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL) & College of Humanities, The University of Arizona, Arizona, US, Nov. 18, 2020
- “BELTA-THT 2020 Virtual Teacher Training and Development Programme”, Oct. 30-31, 2020
- “Teacher Voices: Creating Participatory Spaces in Educational Research” organized by TESOL Society of Bangladesh, Oct. 29, 2020
- “Reimagining Higher Education in a Post-COVID-19 World” arranged by the U.S. Embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh facilitated by Dr. Frank J. Dooley, Chancellor of Purdue University Global&Dr. ShamsadMortuza, Pro-Vice Chancellor of University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB), Oct. 28, 2020
- “The Post Pandemic English Language Teaching and Learning in Bangladesh” organized by English Teachers' Association of Bangladesh (ETAB), Sylhet Division, Oct. 24, 2020
- “Service Learning” hosted by GASD and BELTA Chittagong South, Oct. 5, 2020
- “Thriving Through Tough Time” facilitated by Professor Dr. Deidre Combs, Executive Coach, Leadership Development Consultant, and Trainer of Fulbright TEA Fellows, Montana State University, USA & Ms. Isabelle Zsoldos, Cultural Affairs Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh, Sep. 24, 2020
- “Exploring Digital Tools for Online Learning”hosted by GASD (Global Aid for Sustainable Development) & BELTA Chittagong South, facilitated by Ms. Jennifer Borch, Education Program Coordinator at the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) in Colchester, Vermont, USA, Sep. 11, 2020
- “Professional Development, Training and Research Collaborations” hosted by BELTA&NELTA, Jul. 3, 2020
Teacher Development WebinarAttended:
- Fundamentals of Research Methodology for the Young Researchers offered jointly by Bangladesh Institute of Governance and Management (BIGM) & Ministry of Planning, Duration: 2 Months
- Module-1: Induction Training offered by Faculty and Staff Development Center (FSDC) of International University of Business Agriculture and Technology (IUBAT), Duration: 7 Days
- Database Programing certifiedby Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), Duration: 6 Months
- Third in English Poem Recitation Competition, Khulna University, 2018
- Performed as ‘Nepomuk’ in George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion, 2014
- Featured Short Stories for Yearly School Magazine Nabarun
- First in Speech Competition on ‘National Mourning Day’ in KCS, 2010
- First in Speech Competition on ‘National Independence Day’ in KCS, 2010
- General Reader Award of BisshoSahitto Kendro, 2007, 2008 & 2010 Third in Art Competition, ChaderHaat, World Vision, Bangladesh, 2007